Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Post One


I have heard a lot about EDM 310. What I heard was, well, not very good. I know everyone has heard those horror stories about this class. Because of the stories I have heard, I am a little fearful about this class. I am just worried about the amount of school work, but I know that I will be able to handle it.

EDM 310 is very different than any class I have taken before. It is different in the way that there is SO much stuff I have to do online, while still going to class. This class is basically the same as an online class. That is really the only similarity I have with EDM and the classes I have taken. There are just mainly differences! The other classes I have taken did not have as much outside work as this class does.

The most difficult thing that I think I will have to deal with during EDM 310 is the amount of hours that will have to be spent on this during the week. I am starting all of my Pre-Candidacy classes now, so I am already doing hours of classwork with other classes. This will be a balancing act that I have to figure out! I will be able to address this issue by making an outline of the work that I need to do each week so that I have enough time to do everything.

I am ready to learn more about this class, and hope that I will be able to adjust to the work load easily!


2 comments:

  1. Making a weekly outline is a great idea, Shelby! I heard a lot of scary things about this class too, and I'm a little nervous. I think you are absolutely right that it is possible to pass this class, but it will take a lot of time and organization. Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I will be able to address this issue by making an outline of the work that I need to do each week so that I have enough time to do everything." Time management will be very very important in EDM. Be sure to manage your time wisely throughout the week in order to complete all of the required work each week. Also, when the Master Checklist says start, then start it.

    ReplyDelete