Sunday, February 8, 2015

C4T #1


My C4T teacher for this assignment was Eric Langhorst's 2014 MSTA Convention - Flipping the Classroom and Google Tools. This blog post was very interesting to me. Eric talks about "flipping the classroom." This is an interesting concept for 21st century teaching. This concept brings activity to a classroom. Flipping the classroom gives students more time during class to do learning activities together. This requires them to do a little more work outside of the classroom so that there is more time for the instructor to go around and answer questions during classroom activities. My comment to Eric on his blog was: Dr. Langhorst, My name is Shelby Begley and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. Before reading your blog post, I had heard a little information about flipping the classroom. After reading through your post and watching the videos, I have become very interested in this teaching style! I think this is a great way to become more interactive with your students, as well as teach them more. This a style that my EDM instructor has applied to this class. I like the idea of being able to go into my future classroom and spend more time helping my students learn in a hands-on style. I do think that this could become slightly more difficult for Kindergarten, which is the grade I want to teach. I would definitely have to find a way to adapt this teaching style for students at that age. Thank you for sharing this blog, it was very informative!



In Eric Langhorst's blog, Augmented Reality App Brings History Alive at Kansas City's Union Station, he talks about using an application that allows students to use their smart phones on a field trip to Union Station. The app is supposed to make history come alive using augmented reality. My comment to Eric on his blog was: Applications are resources that I feel that students find interesting and fun. They allow students to learn in an "out of the box" setting. I also believe that any time you can allow students to use their phones for learning you should. Some teachers see the idea of using phones and technology in a learning environment as negative that they do not use them to their fullest potential. Thank you for sharing!

Eric Langhorst

No comments:

Post a Comment