Sunday, September 28, 2014

Blog Post Five



Personal Learning Networks

In Project Six- Developing a Personal Learning Network, a Personal Learning Network is defined as "those people, places, organizations, and activities which enable you to learn. When people start building their PLN's, they will make connections that will continue for the rest of their lives. The amazing part about PLN's, is that they never stop growing. Once you make that connection with a few people, you can connect with the people they are connected with, and so on. I have already started making PLN's with my EDM 310 class. We were put into groups and now I communicate with my group every week.

I thought a very accurate description of how well PLNs work was discussed by Michael Fawcett. His video, PLN- Michael Fawcett Offers His Insights, explains some very good points about Personal Learning Networks. He talks about how he sent out a question on Twitter that his student had about Neil Armstrong, and within 30 minutes, he had an answer. The most amazing part is that this definitive answer came from NASA. That is such an amazing example of how helpful PLN's, and today's technology, can be.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .Hi Shelby! I enjoyed reading your blog post.I think is a PLN a great tool for teaching

    ReplyDelete