Sunday, September 7, 2014

Blog Post Three


Peer editing is something that we have always heard about, but we may not have always known how to do it properly. I never liked when we had to do peer editing in class, and whenever we had to do it, I feel like we never did it properly. But, as I got into college and classes like this one, I realized that peer editing is actually very helpful. This is something that all young students should grow accustomed to.

In What is Peer Editing?, they said that reviews should contain compliments. I think that this is very crucial in making the peer edits not seem rude. That is the main thing that I took from the video. This video better explained some of the details that I didn't know much about before. Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial, basically restated what the previous video stated. It focused on how much peer editing can help improve your work. But, the way you word your feedback determines how successful your edit can be. Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes states how your peer edit could not be successful. People can sometimes be very picky, and that doesn't work. If peer editing is done correctly, it can be very powerful and helpful. I am looking forward to helping others with their posts through this new information I have learned.

1 comment:

  1. Shelby,
    I was like you growing up, I always hated when we had to peer edit in class. I never thought it was that big of a deal, but like you said, now I realize the importance of it. I agree that giving compliments when you are peer editing is very important. I think as a teacher we need to enforce this to our students. Like you, these videos and articles opened my eyes on how to better peer edit.

    ReplyDelete